HYLF is hiring a new Executive Director!
The HIV Young Leaders Fund is looking for a young visionary leader to become its Executive Director!
HYLF is a dynamic youth-led organization with the mission of catalyzing new leadership in the HIV response among young people most affected by HIV. HYLF support’s youth led initiatives throughout the world by providing seed support, technical assistance and capacity enabling (or building) in order to foster growth and leadership within youth most affected by HIV. HYLF’s Executive Director should embody and fulfill this under the following 6 areas*:
- Community relations
- Organizational operations
- Program operations
- Human resources management
*Each of these areas will be clearly explained to shortlisted candidates.
The qualifications for the position are:
- University degree in a related field (Public Health, Social work, International Relations, development, sociology, etc) or significant experience ,outstanding community and international work in the HIV, SRHR and Human Rights.
- 5 or more years of work experience within the development, youth, SRHR, health and HIV sector. Extensive experience working in the HIV response will be highly prioritized.
- Work with inadequately served youth populations in the developing world.
- Community-based work experience is highly desired.
- Experience working in a similar role would be an advantage
KEY CHARACTERISTICS & CORE VALUES
- Human Rights Perspective.
- Relationship Builder.
- Problem Solver & Decision Maker.
- Effective Communicator.
- Strategic Thinker.
- Team Player.
- Creative & Innovative.
- Knowledge on HIV&SRHR.
- HYLF’s Executive Director will be based in the Amsterdam Office in The Netherlands.
- This is a full-time position. According to Dutch Law a full time position comprehend 40 working hours a week on regular office times, but additionally will often work evening, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate activities such as Supervisory Board meetings and representing HYLF at various and strategic spaces and events.
- Depending on professional background and experience, the indicative annual salary is negotiable, depending on qualifications and experience and subject to deductions of contributions to the Pension and Health Insurance Schemes. Other benefits include a generous benefit package and a flexible work environment. The initial contract is for a fixed term of one year; with the possibility of negotiating an extension after performance evaluation is conducted by the Supervisory Board.
TO ALL APPLICANTS:
- Kindly submit your applications through the recruiterbox platform. The application link for recruiterbox is in the “TO APPLY” section of this correspondence.
- Applications through email will not be accepted.
- Candidates under 30 years of age, self-identified as young key populations and/or living with HIV are highly encouraged to apply.
- The deadline to submit applications is until Sunday August 31, 2015.
- Press on the following link to apply for the position https://hivyoungleadersfund.
The HIV Young Leaders Fund is a dynamic youth-led organization with the mission of catalyzing new leadership in the HIV response among young people most affected by HIV. Since it’s inception in 2010, HYLF has provided grants and technical assistance to youth-led initiatives that have been renovating and innovating the HIV response at local, regional and global level. To date HYLF has supported more than 45 youth-led initiatives in various regions around the world. This to ensure that young people affected by HIV have access to opportunities that enable their capacities to mobilize, advocate and build more inclusive and effective responses to HIV through their own initiatives.
For more information on the HIV Young Leaders Fund please visit www.hivyoungleadersfund.org
Further inquiries on this post can be sent to Carlo Oliveras, Chairperson of the HIV Young Leaders Fund Supervisory Board at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The government of The Netherlands requires that HYLF solicits first from the EU common market. If no candidate is found from the EU, candidates outside of the EU may be asked for an interview. If the successful candidate of this selection process is from outside the EU, HYLF will do everything within its power to support the application of a work permit for the candidate. However, the final decision is that of the government of The Netherlands and is outside of HYLF’s control.