The HIV Young Leaders Fund is Seeking a Communications Intern
The HIV Young Leaders Fund (HYLF) was founded by young health activists at the June 2009 Oslo Young Leaders Summit. This summit was organized by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UNAIDS, and it convened young leaders from around the world to develop long-term solutions to issues faced by young people in the HIV response.
HIV Young Leaders Fund’s mission is to invest in young people’s leadership on the HIV response, to learn more about us visit www.hivyoungleadersfund.org
We are seeking a Communications Intern, who is full of creative ideas and eager to contribute to a growing organization. The intern will gain understanding of the inner workings and aspects of public relations, deliver concrete outcomes, and work with a team of passionate young people from around the world. This position is for three (3) months only. Preference will be given to applicants based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Fully support HYLF’s communications strategy and execute it
- Create and curate engaging media content
- Communicate and build relationships with current or prospective grantees and donors
- Effectively utilize company’s social media and blogs
- Create and distribute press releases
- Assist in administrative duties
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Schedule, coordinate and attend various events
- Participate in research and data analysis activities
- Manage website and social media presence
- Desirable educational background on communications, public health or communications, web development, nursing or similar.
- Solid understanding of the different social network platforms for young people (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience in website management and similar platforms such as WordPress and Webbly is a plus
- Familiarity with HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, additional skills in other languages will be a plus
- Efficiency at MS Office, and web designing
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Passion for public health advocacy, and young people’s SRHR
- Able to work remotely or in-person (Amsterdam) with little or no supervision
The intern will be expected to work up to 10 – 15 hours a week. The position will be eligible for travel cost reimbursement. This is an unpaid position, however a stipend may be offered at the end of term.
All applicants must submit a one-page Writing Sample, and Resume by September 29, 2017 to be considered for the position. HYLF has an inclusive and non-discriminatory Human Resources policy, so we highly encourage members from key affected populations to apply for this position.
Please send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED